A Little Context For Me

Saturday, April 11, 2015

My Prayer to the Lord




Preparing for a presentation, and I found this in my notebook - my rewrite of the Lord's Prayer.

My Father who fills the heavens
Holy is your name.
Your Kingdom be known
Through the loving kindness
You empower me to give
As a gift to this world.

Your will in my life fulfilled
In this act of obedience
Sustained by goodness to me,
From heaven to earth - in this land of the living

Give me bread,
Spiritual so that I may truly live
Physical so that my body is strengthened
To share the Bread of Life with others

Forgive me my debts owed to your love
So that I might abound in the joy of your presence,
I will forgive the debts of those who have wounded my heart,
as you inspired in me and shown me to do.

Lead me not into temptation
For I am weak and flawed,
And I desire to only be near to you.
Deliver me from all that would take me from your presence
And draw me deeper into your arms.

For I am nothing except in your kingdom,
The place to which you have called me,
And I stand here by your power.
For your glory alone I shall remain forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment